IGOF offers 12 Fellowships for young Indian Orthopaedic Surgeons to visit foreign countries every year for a period of 4 to 6 weeks. IGOF also offers 12 Fellowships for undergoing training for a period of 6 months within India.
What are the eligibilities to apply for IGOF Fellowship?
- Must be a Life Member of IGOF.
- Must have participated in at least 2 IGOF seminars / symposia / courses in India.
- Must be recommended by another senior IGOF Life Member.
- Must apply with your passport size photograph (1 No:) and curriculum vitae to the Secretary of IGOF.
- Must send copies of your Publications if any.
- Details of any award received by you.
- Must include a personal statement stating:
- Why you need this training?
- How, after your return, it will benefit your Institution?
- How, are you going to serve the people of the villages / towns etc, when you return?
- What contribution you will make to IGOF after you come back?
- If you are selected are you willing to pay your air ticket to Germany / England and back?
- Finally, you have to give a statement to the IGOF Secretary stating that, “I hereby declare that after my return, I shall send a detailed report about my visit and its usefulness”.
How do I enroll for the IGOF Fellowship?
Orthopaedic Surgeons who wish to enroll for the IGOF Fellowship need to send the above mentioned details along with their area of specialization and their goals to IGOF either by post or by email. For more information on IGOF Fellowship please contact,
IGOF – INDO GERMAN ORTHOPAEDIC FOUNDATION
4/112, Mount Poonamallee Road, Manapakkam
Chennai 600 089, INDIA
Mob: +91 77080 63651
Lan: +91 44 4200 2288, Extn. 4104